Ingredients Serves 4
1 bunch spring onions (scallions)
20ml/4 tsp heather honey
1Oml/2 tsp soy sauce
16 fresh oysters
1. Preheat the grill (broiler) to medium. Mix the honey and soy sauce in a small bowl. Finely chop the spring onions and remove any coarse outer leaves. Add to the bowl and mix well.
2. Open the oysters and catch the liquid INGREDIENTS in a bowl. Leave the oysters attached to one side of the shell. Strain the liquid to remove any shell, and set aside.
3. Place a teaspoon of the honey and spring onion mixture on each oyster.
4. Place under the preheated grill for 5 minutes. Take care when removing the oysters as the shells retain the heat. Reserve the sauce from the oyster shells.
5. Allow the oysters to cool slightly before serving with bread to soak up the juices. Tip them into your mouth or lift them out with a spoon or fork.