- 1 large (or 2 medium) Sweet Potato
- 1 large Egg
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- ½ cup Potato Flour
- ¼ cup Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp Love A Bee Honey
1. Slice the sweet potato in half lengthwise. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 400 degrees F. When they prick easily with a fork, remove them from the oven and allow to cool. Turn oven down to 350 degrees.
2. When the sweet potato is cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh into a bowl and discard the skins (or use them for another recipe). Mash well.
3. Add the eggs, coconut flour, potato flour, peanut butter and honey and stir well (either by hand or with a hand mixer) to combine.
4. Roll batter into balls (how big depends on the size of your dog and what size treats you prefer) and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Press the center of each ball using the back of a clean spoon.
For shaping biscuits using cookie cutters: roll out the ‘dough’ between two sheets of parchment paper to ¾ inch thick. Using the shape(s) of your choice, cut out the cookies, and re-roll the excess until all the batter is gone. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
5. Place biscuits in the oven at bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before storing or serving.
Dog biscuits will keep for 2 weeks in an airtight container in the fridge, and for 4 weeks if kept sealed in the freezer.